Hi and happy Sunday to everyone! Hope your weekend has been wonderful so far.
I have a nice quiet house to myself at the moment and decided to get stuck into some craft.
On Friday I went to the Craft and Quilt Show here in Canberra. Wow!! I has just blown away, firstly, by the quilts on display. I was just amazed at these works of art and can only hope that someday I may be able to make something that is even slightly in that class.
I bumped into friendly stalker No. 1 at the craft fair - Hi Phillipa!!!!!
I bought some bits and pieces at the craft side of the show. Nothing very exciting, really. Just some extra tapes and little scissors for fussy cutting (as I need all the help I can get when trying to cut out an image). I also bought some storage trays for my Spectrum Noir pens which makes it a LOT easier to get to them.
Friendly stalker No. 2 decided to try and rearrange my markers but that resulted with me slapping her hands out of the way and kicking her out of the house. Hi Trudi!!!!!!
Now onto what I have made today.
This has been a bit of a mission for me. I saw this idea in the latest SU catalogue and had to try it. It is to use the Sweet Treat Cups with water. Take a look -
I have used the following supplies -
Stamp - Fishin' Around (SU) coloured with markers
Sweet Treat Cup (SU)
Window sheet (SU)
'Friends' brad from my mum's stash
The thing about this was trying to create the seal on the cup so the water wouldn't leak. I tried hot glue like it is suggested in the catalogue but it just wouldn't work for me. I couldn't get the glue to seal properly and there would be water leaking ever so slowly out of the cup.
So I was thinking that I could use a silicon or something like it that would be water resistant and create the seal. I didn't really have anything that would do the job, though.
So I ended up just peeling away the cover of the adhesive that is on the cup itself and adhered it straight to the window sheet (small square that I had cut to fit). I then flipped it over and covered the edge with Glossy Accents. I waited and waited and waited for it to dry and it seems to have done the perfect job.
I stamped the image again onto the white panel and used a 4cm circle punch to cut out the area for the cup to sit in.
In the end, I'm not fussed on the overall design of this card. I will keep working on it. It was a lot of fun putting this together once the hurdles of sealing the water in were overcome.
Here is a close up of the water and fish in their bowl -
I have used Gold Stickles for the treasure in the chest and Diamond Stickles in the water.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Repeat Impressions DCC731 - Water Element
Just us Girls - Technique Challenge to make a shaker card
All that Stickles - Any colour stickles may be used
Thanks so much for looking xx