Thursday 13 June 2013

CCS Challenge #29 - Sketch

Good evening all! I am happy to join you again with my DT inspiration for the latest challenge over at CAS - Colours and Sketches.

This week is sketch week -


I love this sketch. I was able to 'whip' up something very quickly for this challenge. That's the true meaning of CAS, lol!!

Here is my very literal take on the sketch -


I have used Basic Grey cardstock (SU) for my base. Using some scraps from my Polka Dot Parade DSP (SU), I have created the 'crossover' on the card. Using more scraps - this time with my Flirtatious DSP and Whisper White cardstock (SU), I punched out some flowers using my Blossom Punch (SU). I used the top of my glue stick (very technical stuff here!) to bend the flowers over and give them a little more dimension. 

The sentiment is inked with Basic Grey and the stamp is from Paper Smooches.

Head on over and check out the beautiful contributions from our DT!!

Thanks so much for looking xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KYLIE'S AUSTRALIAN FACTS ROUND 3

More than 80 percent of Australians live within 100 kilometres of the coast making Australia one of the world's most urbanised coastal dwelling populations (ahhh, this is the life)

Australia was the second country in the world to give women the right to vote in 1902 (yay)

Approximately 1.35 trillion bottles of wine are produced by Australia (I thought most of you would like this!)

The largest cattle station in the world is Anna Creek Station in South Australia at over 34,000 square kilometres. It is even larger than Belgium. (Holy Cow!!)

The Trans-Australian Railway crosses the Nullarbor Plain of Australia from Port Augusta in South Australia to Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. It includes the world's longest stretch of dead-straight railway track - 478 km's (297 miles) in length (now that's long!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------





5 comments:

  1. Love that yellow polka dot paper, really allows the grey to stand out. It's great when a sketch just works isn't it?

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card - love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Kylie, with a great colour combo

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow and white polka dot paper, Kylie! The flower is so pretty with the petals bent a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Kylie perfectly CAS and beautiful colours too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.