Friday 8 March 2013

For Your Inspiration

Hi there, yes another post, sorry! I couldn't wait to try out an idea that I had for the current challenge over at For Your Inspiration.
They have a photo inspiration challenge for us and as soon as I saw it, I had to try out my new die from Memory Box - Cityscape.
Here is the photo inspiration provided -
I really wanted to try and capture most of this photo in my card.
I have never sponged onto a card like I have on this one. I was quite nervous about doing it and I don't even know if I got all the 'technical' bits and pieces right.
All I knew was that I wanted to create a sunset setting with the water below the city.
Here is my card -

So for my sunset I used the following colours -

So Saffron, Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie.
I started with covering the area I wanted to have the sunset with So Saffron. Then using the Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie I just kept building and blending the colours.

For my water I used -

Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Concord Crush - using the same technique as I did for my sunset. I probably should have 'shaped' the colours a little more to emphasize the reflections of the buildings?

As I hadn't used the dies before, I wasn't even really sure what papers to use. I just went with the yellow and black. Perhaps I should have blacked out some of the lights because surely not everyone is home??!!?? I popped the die up onto dimensionals.

I was happy with the sponging effect I achieved for my first go. Constructive criticism is MOST WELCOME for me to improve!!!

Thanks so much for looking xx


14 comments:

  1. Oh, very good interpretation of the photograph and I loved reading your process with all the mouth-watering colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie, your are addicted to stamps and butterflies....I think, I´ll become addicted to your blog ;). Soooo many unique and delightful creations! Wow.
    Thanks a lot for taking time to visit my blog and your kind comment! Renata xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, this is stunning, Kylie. It's so vibrant and so gorgeously blended I can only dream about a result like this one. Definitely inspiring for someone like me who has some distress inks sitting in the draw but no "know how" how to blend so seamlessly because I always end up with lots of unwanted lines and wasted card.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the sponging Kylie!! Love the colors and what a fabulous cityscape you've created!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really great! I tend to do several posts at a time myself (4 today), so not to worry. Besides all your posts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kylie - lovely job. Your sunset and water turned out perfectly as did you "city of lights". Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Kylie - great colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the perfect die for this photo! Gorgeous scenery card! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kylie, this is great!! I think your spongeing turned out so well. :-) Certainly no criticism from me, only praise! Well done! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous !! Such a dynamic card, your sponging is amazing, cant believe this is your first time well done ! Love the die cut and I like the fact that you left the lights on !!! you should frame this beauty.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Great sponging. Perfect take on the photo. So glad you joined us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your interpretation of the sketch! Awesome! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kylie, this is awesome! LOVE the colors you chose and the silhouetted city scape is amazing! Thanks for joining us at FYI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love this card - the way you sponges is awesome...like the city is glowing. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.