Thursday 14 March 2013

CC&S - Sketch Week

Hi there everyone and welcome to my newest followers!
At CAS - Colours and Sketches we have a wonderful sketch for you to play along with -
Here is my DT card -
I played around with this sketch for a while and couldn't really decide on what to do with my two white panels. I then had an idea (and I don't even know where it came from) to use vellum. I have never used it before so I don't even know why it popped into my head.
Once I had decided to grab some vellum, I knew the stamp that I wanted to use. This gorgeous image is from a new set called 'Cherish' which is from Inspired by Stamping. I also wanted to keep the monochrome design so I inked the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black and adhered the vellum with a little glue. I actually 'googled' how to attach the vellum before I started because I was worried about the adhesive showing through. Luckily there were good reports about the Tombow Liquid Glue so I gave that a go. It worked a treat!
Now, it's your turn to try out this sketch. Don't forget that you must created a card using the sketch provided and you must include stamping.
Check out the other inspiration from the DT - you will love it!
Thanks so much for looking xx


10 comments:

  1. well whereever your idea came from it was inspired! This is just a fab take on the sketch, so original and I love that stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your idea is great,Kylie. I love how vellum softens the background and makes the card look mysterious.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully atmospheric Kylie! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- mysterious and atmospheric, love the stamped image and the monochrome, it's like a view through the mist. Perfect card

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. The idea is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. I love the vellum layer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny how ideas come into your head out of nowhere. This is a beautiful card, atmospheric and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Kylie - love the use of the vellum - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kylie, the use of vellum was truly inspired and your card is lovely

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.