Thursday 31 January 2013

CAS - Colours and Sketches DOUBLE!!


It's double time over at CAS - Colours and Sketches!
This week we challenge you to use our Sketch AND Colour Combination.
Don't you just love the different shades of blue that our leader Jacqueline has chosen for you?
Don't panic if you don't use Stampin' Up colours - just try and use what you have that is as close as you can get to the colours provided!
Here is my DT card for this challenge -

I have used a square die to cut out a window from the top panel (which is mounted on foam tabs). Using my Painted Posies set (this is a two step stamp), I first used Tempting Turquoise to stamp all over a panel of cardstock. With the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I used Not Quite Navy on the outline of the flower and went over the previous stamping.
I don't have Island Indigo so I used Pacific Point for my sentiment which is from my Heard from the Heart set. The butterflies are Hero Arts stamps with co-ordinating dies and have been stamped with Tempting Turquoise.
Lots of blues, but I like it!!
I would love to see what you come up with. If you are stuck for ideas, check out the rest of the DT for some amazing inspiration!!
Thanks for looking xx

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it Kylie, love the way you have used all these blues for a feminine card and the double stamping looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love love this card! I really love how you framed the field of flowers and despite the butterflies being the lightest shade they really help move your eye along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie
    Thank you very much for your lovely comment you left on my blog. Very much appreciated!
    Your card is gorgeous! Love the framed flowers and those butterflies are very pretty too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie - gorgeous card, love the 2 step stamping - it looks stunning in the blue. - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love square cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kylie, this is just so feminine and pretty! I LOVE it, and so beautifuly stamped too

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.