Sunday 31 May 2020

Weekend Fun

Hi there, I've had a little time to create over the last couple of nights. My main aim was to use stamps that hadn't been inked up yet. 

Card #1
This card is for my boss's birthday
I stamped the sentiment (Penny Black - Birthday Love) and Toad (Penny Black - Toadily Happy) with versafine ink and then embossed with black powder. I added sequins for interest. My boss has a musical hobby and has saxaphone lessons but I didn't have anything like that in the way of stamps. So, my guitar playing toad was my next choice :)

Card #2
I bought this Stampin' Up! set called Carols of Christmas (with coordinating dies) off a destash page on FB and it needed to be inked up. I used some patterned paper for my background. The sentiment has been embossed in silver powder. I used some strips of silver mirror card to create the top and bottom border and lastly added some silver sequins to finish it off. 

Card #3
A new to me set by Waffle Flower called P-aar-ty Time. I had stamped and coloured a heap of the little images and then realised there had been a bit of a muck up with the packaging of the coordinating dies. I had one too many of the same die, so I was missing a die for one of the mice. A quick email to Waffle Flower and I should be getting a replacement. 
I created the background with distress ink and flicks of water. The images were coloured with polychromo pencils. 

Card #4
This set is by Penny Black called Butterfly Trio. It's a beautiful set of butterflies. I embossed the butterfly onto watercolour card. I used a combination of zigs and brusho to colour in the image. I fussy cut it all out and used foam tape to adhere to my card panel. The sentiment is from another Penny Black set called Furry Affection. 

I would like to enter my cards over at the following challenges -
Card #1 - Inkspirational (Funny Sentiments), Day of the Month Card Club (Frog Jumping Day), Watercooler Challenges (Occasions), Penny Black and More (Men and Boys)
Card #2 - 52 Christmas Card Throwdown (Embossing), Crafty Hazlenuts Christmas (Anything Goes), Jingle Belles (Bling)
Card #3 - CAS on Friday (Animals), Cut it Up (Boys will be boys), Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes), The Library Challenge (Peter Pan)
Card #4 - Animal Friends Challenge (Insects), Crafters Cafe (Feminine), Try it on Tuesday (Fussy Cut), Crafty Cardmakers (Butterflies)

      


23 comments:

  1. Love them all Kylie especially the butterfly one! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Waterooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganz bezaubernd.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly been busy, Kylie! Love the idea of using stamps not previously used! I have trying to that a bit lately too! So many wonderful stamps just waiting! Love the fun sentiments, but my fav is the gorgeous butterfly! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been busy! Each card is wonderful, especially the first and the third. That frog and those mice are adorable!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Boys Will be Boys challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to see you got time to craft and wow what amazing cards you got to make. Love the card for Ink-what a fab sentiment-sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... so many great cards! I love your bright colors and CAS designs! The sentiment on the first card is awesome! Thanks for sharing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great cards - love that singing frog - so true this sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at DotMCC! - If I have to use all the stamps I have not yet inked up I would have to make 1000 cards.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are gorgeous but, of course, I especially love the butterfly! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!! LOVE that fussy cut butterfly on your card for our chllenge! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great cards, all of them. Love the card you linked up at Ink, the tiny frog is adorable and I love the sentiment, so true. Great CAs style as well. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow - love all your cards, nice CAS designs and your Christmas card is just wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautifully fun bright and happy card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Men and Boys' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO CUTE! You really were on a creative roll! I love that Penny Black sentiment! What a Hoot! I also love the little pirate mice that you submitted for our Cut It Up! Challenge - Boys will be Boys! It's awesome!
    Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're on a roll! These are fabulous cards.
    I love those little mouse pirates,perfect for Peter Pan.And the sentiment looks great paired with the musical frog.Thanks for joining The Library and Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great cards to admire - love this guitar picking frog! I used it too (after years) - didn't even remember that it is so cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DotMCC! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. well of course ALL of these are outstanding but i'm bound to say that the sparkly xmas one is my fave, aren't i?! thanks for bringing the bling with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the silver embossing words looks perfect with that background! such a pretty card. I have that set too from SU. I need to ink it like you did! thanks for playing at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  18. love those purples snowflakes ... so glad you got BLING-y With Us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. quelle élégante carte Kylie, magnifique design, j'aime ces flocons colorées, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  20. A stunning butterfly, lovely card

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all so much fun! Love the mouse card, they are so adorable! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! An array of awesome cards, Kylie! Love them all! The butterfly...swooning! Hope that you'll have LOTS of crafting time as your challenges go on a break! Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your pirate card has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.