Sunday 17 November 2013

Christmas Grunge - Take 2 - One Layer

And now it's Sunday! Hi there everyone. Have you enjoyed your weekend? More Christmas cards have been crossed off the list for me. 

It's become dark and stormy here right now. Nothing new - we've had at least 2 storms a day for nearly a week. We had hail yesterday morning around 6am which was a nice wake up call (not). It didn't last very long which was good. In some parts of QLD there have been photos of hail stones the size of tennis balls!!

I made a very quick and easy card today. One Layer stamping is fun and creates such a nice CAS feel.

Here is my card -



Yesterday I made a card using my Grunge set and I really liked it. So, today I used the same stamps and added another for interest.

I used my markers directly onto the pine cone stamp (from Special Season set) - Chocolate Chip and Garden Green were the colours. The Grunge stamp was inked with Chocolate Chip and the sentiment (from Greetings of the Season) with Real Red. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -


52CC Throwdown has a recipe for us. 

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

and last but not least over at Stampin' Royalty I will enter my second card for their challenge to use no embellishments on your holiday cards.

I hope you have a lovely rest of your weekend.


Thanks so much for looking xx


PS - Here is a picture of the hail stones that were shown on last night's news.




14 comments:

  1. wow that is some big hailstones! And another fab grunge card. I hadn't thoought of using my cone stamps for Xmas card and now seeing your card, I don't know why I hadn't thought of it.They look just right for Xmas-thanks for the wake up call x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kylie, I've never seen hailstones that big before. I'm glad the storm wasn't so bad where you are. This is a beautiful one layer CAS card, great idea to use the grunge stamps and the pine cones are a nice touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hailstones look dangerous, gooosh!! I love your layered stamping here, very clever and beautiful. Great CAS look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful one layer card, Kylie! I love how you blended 'grunge' with CAS...so clever! I love the festive color combo, too!

    I don't think I've ever seen hail stones that big...yikes, I wouldn't want to get hit in the head with one of them!

    I also wanted to thank you for letting me know about the error on my blog...I fixed/changed it to the correct name. I think I'm joining so many challenges, that I'm getting confused :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your second card using the same grunge stamped background and sentiment stamp. Love the pine cone addition. Fabulously CAS with all that gorgeous white space ... Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Kylie - I love how you used that grunge set to make such a terrific Christmas card! I'm ordering my set soon!! Wowsa on the hail - gulp! That's really amazing. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops - me again... I forgot to thank you for joining us at 52CCT this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS design! Beautifully executed! Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful CAS card, thank you for playing at 613 Avenue Create
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all--that hail is freakin' huge! Okay, now onto the card! LOVE it--the CAS layout is amazing and I adore the use of stamping to create texture! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous - I love the way you've used the grunge stamp with the sentiment! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    Those hailstones are blooming huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card but the hailstones stole the show sorry !!!! No seriously I love the grungesque effect but looks even more fabulous because this is sooooooooo CAAS.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is crazy, something like that hail on the head ...... :'(
    Your card is gorgeous! Just a hint of color..... you did it!!!!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those hailstones are unbelievable! Wow! Great card for our recipe challenge - the Gorgeous Grunge set is my current favourite and I love what you did with it here. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.