Thursday 6 September 2018

We could rule the world

Hi everyone, I created something quickly tonight as I was inspired by a few challenges out there in blogland.


I think this sentiment should say 'we CAN rule the world' lol.

I also think this is the first time I have ever used a staple on a card.

Card making has been a love of mine for just over 6 years now. It really helped me keep my sanity at times and has even led me to meeting fellow card makers from all over the world. What an amazing community this is. Lately I have also been branching out into other areas of creating. I would like to share some of my other work with you, so if you would like to have a look, please scroll further down after I have linked up to the challenges.



Little Red Wagon - Clean and Simple

I was introduced to Acrylic Pouring by my Aunt. She is the reason I got addicted to this form of art and I will probably never forgive her for it LOL. Seriously, it IS addictive but it IS so much fun! Acrylic pouring is something that you have to practice at. I've definitely made some flops and I have made some that make me very happy. If you haven't heard of this technique and all the different ways to do acrylic pours, check out some of the videos on youtube. Anything you create will be unique - not one piece will ever be exactly alike.

Here are some of my acrylic pours - (then I was introduced to resin.... oh em gee.... wow)

A 30cm round board and 'matching' coaster sealed with gloss coat (will be resined later)

Canvas sealed with gloss coat.

This is an mdf board in the shape of a frog. This photo is prior to me putting the resin on top. I will show you the final result in a later post.

This is a clock that I have made from an old LP record. This has also been resined, but before I did, I added red crushed glass to parts of the surface.

This is an altered CD! 

This is one of my favourites! This little ripper is part of a set of 8 coasters that I was commissioned to make for a friend. The reflection is due to the resin - it's so damn hard to photograph!

An mdf board made into a clock :)

 Coaster with resin

I poured onto this small canvas yesterday and waiting for it to dry. Drying time with acrylic pouring can take anywhere from days to weeks! 

This is one that I poured today! It's a decent size canvas - 14" x 18"


Another one of my hobbies is sewing. I'm really not that good at it, but I enjoy creating quilts - usually small ones that I can manage easy. My grandson has his 1st birthday coming up in November so I am creating a star wars quilt. I decided to try a pillowcase which worked out really well!


I made this stuffed toy elephant for a little girl :) 

My OTHER hobby is my grandson himself. Wow, what a kid. I love him to bits. How lucky am I that he lives in the same house as me and I get to see him every day! Here's a couple of catch up photos for those of you who are interested :)




I hope I haven't bored you too much! I have been itching to show off some of my other work, so now I have. Thank you! 

8 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous post to showcase your delightful card (I've yet to use a staple!) alongside your other creative ventures. Your acrylic pour pieces are impressive works of art. And sewing? Oh my stars! The quilt and ellie are fabulous! Of course, the photos of your little guy (your other 'hobby'...seriously, how cute is that): precious! You are certainly a multi-talented gal..and a most loving grandma. How blessed you two are to have one another in your lives!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie... love your super CAS card! i know I could rule the world with enough crafting! :). Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! Also your acrylic pours are just beautiful and resin has quite an impact. The Star Wars quilt will be adorable if it is anything like the pillowcase! Good luck and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my kind of love note!! Great note for a crafty friend.If crafters ruled the world, it would be a much calmer place. Love the acrylic pours too. We bought one locally as a Christmas present to ourselves and love the organic look of it. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pours and pix and especially your card - gr8 idea with the staple too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a love note I can definitely identify with and would love to find it in my lunch box! What a fabulous array of acrylic pour projects too - along with your sewing, you are truly creative! I wish there were more hours in the day for everything I would like to accomplish. Thanks for playing along with my lunch box love notes challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quickly created card is CAS perfection, Kylie! As for your other creations... wow, where do I begin? I envy your talent, and will most certainly do a google search on acrylic pours - totally new to me, though I have plenty of other crafty addictions! So glad you shared with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....you are one busy lady. I enjoyed seeing all of your amazing hobbies. The CAS or one layer card is adorable and the sentiment is just too true. Thanks for joining the challenge at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool post, Kylie. You are a true artist! I love everything you've created. Those canvases look amazing! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More with your fun, cute card... Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.