Thursday 9 October 2014

Happy Birthday with Sprinkles on Top

Hi there everyone.

I'm a little excited because I received my very first parcel ever from Papertrey Ink. I ordered the Makeit Market Kit: Shakers & Sprinkles and a couple other goodies.

When it all arrived yesterday, I calmy put the package in my craft room and continued to quickly finish up my housework. Once done, I zoomed straight in there to unpack everything.

This kit is so fun. There are a heap of dies, stamps, papers and sequins/sprinkles etc to make amazing shaker cards. Of course, you don't have to make a shaker card but I did for my first go.

Now I need more so my wishlist has grown again.

Just to get a feel of what I could make with all this, I headed on over to the designer Betsy Veldmans blog to get some inspiration and I CASED one of her cards.


Here it is -




Everything I used was from the kit (except for my base and scallop frame card stock). 

The kit even comes with double sided foam sheets for you to die cut to create your shaker. This stuff is very, very sticky and a bit hard to get everything straight. I did end up a bit lop sided but nevermind. 

I stamped the "Happy Birthday", "with" and "on top" and then laid my glittery die cut Sprinkles over the top of the acetate once it was all put together.


Here is another photo showing the sprinkles and stars I used within the shaker -




There are confetti dies in this kit too. The stars and hearts come from two different dies. Love them!

This card is for my niece who turns 11 next month. I have to say this is one of my most favourite cards that I have made. It is so fun.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Love to Create - Dies and Sparkle
Moo Mania - Bright and Cheerful
Inky Chicks - Die Cuts only (no images)

(I also have to thank Sandie & Kim for my little addiction to PTI that I seemed to have developed. I used Sandie's PTI stamps while staying with her in London and a couple of weeks ago, Kim and I were emailing each other and talking about it and the next thing I knew my bank account was smaller!! Thanks ladies.....)

Thanks so much for looking xx

11 comments:

  1. Well can I say first and foremost how impressed I am that you so calmly placed your very exciting parcel aside to finish your chores. OMG I don't think I could have. Absolutely love this shaker card. I can tell this is only the start of your love affair with PTI lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, when one of these exciting packages come, I want to open with relish and have time to really spend time with it. Does that sound creepy?! Your card is just delicious and delightful. Your niece will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful piece.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing card !
    Thank you for joining us over at MOO MANIA & MORE with such a gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing :) the colors are so delightful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that is really, really cool. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I would want to open this up and eat the sprinkles! I don't know about your neice but I would love this, we all love glitter and sprinkles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning shaker card, Kylie! I love all the sparkles and colours, what a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like this kit is chalk full of fun!! :) LOVE the card you've made ... such fun colours and design. Your niece will love it!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card.!! I love the dies you used...and those sprinkles are adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week!!
    Hugs,
    Chris - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shaker card! Love the dies and pastel colors. Thank you for joining our "2 Dies & Bling" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.