Friday 8 August 2014

STAMPlorations Monthly Challenge

Welcome back everyone and Happy Friday to you all. 

Today marks the start of the monthly challenge over at STAMPlorations.

You are going to LOVE this one!


That's right! Just use stamps and die cuts on your project to enter.
(Don't forget that you don't have to use STAMPlorations stamps to enter. All brands are welcome)

Here is my DT card -


 I have been using this background technique a bit lately. It really is a great way to use your favourite colours in a Mixed Media sort of way. I applied ink straight onto an acrylic block, misted it with water and pressed it onto my watercolour paper (I have been using normal cardstock too).


Once it was dry (helped with my trusty heat gun), I glued my die cut sentiment (Happy Birthday background from Poppy Stamps) on and then started stamping using the VIGNETTE: Retro Mod Shapes and Chevron and Arrows . 

The last thing I did was dampen a paint brush and squeeze reinker onto the brush and with graceful air starting flapping my arm about to send splotches of ink over the panel. I'm sure I looked like an unco-ordinated conductor!

We have a wonderful Guest Designer joining us for this challenge. She shouldn't really need any introduction as her work is very well known - Karen Dunbrook. Don't forget to stop by and check out her amazing card!

I would also like to enter into the following challenges -

DRS Challenge - Chevrons and/or Arrows
AAA Cards - Watercolours + CAS
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes with option of Watercolours

Thanks so much for looking xx


15 comments:

  1. FABBYLICIOUS make, Kylie - that set is on my list for next foray Stateside!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birthday card. That background is gorgeous! Thanks for the detailed instructions. I 'm going to have to try it ! Thank you for joining the DRS Designs' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Kylie! I love your background, and how you stamped over your sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing your details with us, too...I can't wait to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty background, So glad you could play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background, love all the stamping and splotching! Thanks for playing at AAA CAards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cool! Marvelous background work! Looked like fun to make too. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards this week. Hope to see more of you . Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  7. So artsy! Fabulous background paper you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours Kylie and the fabulous background. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super gorgeous BG :) love It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab mixed media card Kylie. Love this background ... and the splatters are perfect :) ... would have liked to see you making those :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, Kylie! I love the splattering across the sentiment - would love to have seen that in action ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kylie. Love your uncoordinated conducting, great BG. Have a lovely day! Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and the background :) Great idea. Thank you for joining us over at Eclectic Ellapu :)
    Eithne DT
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.