Tuesday 25 March 2014

Inspired by Stamping - Gift Card Holder

Hi everyone!

Over at Inspired by Stamping we are still having fun with the New Releases and being National Craft Month, we have a theme each week to inspire you.

This week we are creating Gift Ideas. I have created a cute Gift Card Holder box (tutorial from SCS here) that is perfect for any occasion. I have concentrated on making something for Mother's Day and have used the New Release items from IBS.




The image is from the gorgeous new Sweet Peas set. This adorable image stamps beautifully and is so easy to colour (I have used Spectrum Noir pens). I die cut the image and backing with circle dies and popped them up with dimensionals. I have also incorporated the New Release set with a set from the last release just to show you how easy it is to combine these sets. I stamped the Vintage Tickets and fussy cut them out. With one of them, I used a marker directly onto the stamp just to get the outline of the ticket. For this one I actually combined two stamps from the Mother's Day Bouquet set. I used my marker to just ink up 'To my wonderful' and then stamped 'Mum' beneath it to create a different sentiment.

Don't forget that you can do that with ANY of your sentiment stamps from IBS to create personalised messages.


Here is the Gift Box in the open position -

The inside panel was folded in half and then I used the Fancy Label Dies 2 to create the 'holder' and then the entire panel was adhered to the inside of the box.



This Gift Box has two sections – one to hold your Gift Card and another to pop in a small gift of chocolates or earring etc.



Below you can see that I have used Seam Binding Ribbon along the edge of the box.




Here is a close up of the top – the small panel of card that you see is from the Spring Lilacs Paper Pad.




Thanks so much for looking today. I hope I have inspired you to create a Gift Card holder for your Mum for Mother's Day. Don't forget, this is perfect for ANY occasion!




3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous gift box Kylie - love how you decorated the box lid . A beautiful keepsake , perfect for any occasion.
    Sending big hugs - Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet gift idea and great you can add both gift card and pressie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful detailed work of art! so creative, I miss you Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.