Monday 3 September 2012

MMM - Vintage Fashion Challenge

Hi there. I saw the DT samples and I was blown away. Head over to Make My Monday and check it out! The next thought I had was, oh dear, I have never done Vintage on a card before but really wanted to give it a go. Having nothing Vintage in the way of stamps, I hopped on the internet to look at some Vintage photos.
I saw a few that I liked but this one really took my fancy. This is a postcard of a 1920's French Bride. Sigh, they look so in love and have just got married. I wonder what happened in the course of their lives. I love where her groom's hands are placed and the look on her face just tells the story.
Here is my card -

Now, this may have not photographed the best as it's not in natural light.
I have mounted the photo onto Whisper White CS and then inked the edges with Vintage Photo ink. I have also done this to the blue base panel and the circles and used it for the sentiment. I have also used Whisper White satin ribbon with a layering of blue lace ribbon. The papers in the top right hand corner have a button tied on with hemp twine. Three pearls were added in the bottom left hand corner. I have also used a crystal pin through the circles with the sentiment.

This is going to be my first attempt because I'm hoping I will get better at this technique.

Thanks for looking xx


8 comments:

  1. Bravo! You should be most poud. I would not have guessed it was your first attempt. Love h postcard image, too. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card... I love the photo you've picked (and all your reasons, especially the hands - I completely agree!), and you've framed it on the card really nicely - bravo!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card, Kylie!!! Very well done--the image is amazing! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kylie, this is a great first attempt at vintage... clever of you to find that gorgeous image and make it look fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at MMM, hope to see you again.
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous image Kylie and so beautifully vintage - thanks for joining in over on MMM this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Thank you so much for entering our vintage challenge.
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful image for your wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful first vintage card. Good for you to try it. I am so pleased the DT cards inspired you. Please do come back for the remainder of the month will be Vintage, and you can play some more.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at MMM. Hope to see you again. Caz DT Team

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - they make my day!!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.